Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be part of application development team and assist in all stages of development from conception to development to testing to optimization
- Design and develop clinical web application database layer
- Utilize MS-SQL now and other database technologies like Oracle to enhance product development
- The Database Developer will evaluate, implement and support database infrastructure / technologies and development processes to support database development and corporate products and services.
- Responsible for oversight and development of OLTP and DSS database architecture, design, programming and implementation for database projects
- Builds, enhances and maintains a Master Data Management process with a focus on enhancement and enrichment of the data
- Build a data governance module which provides the ability for insight and data corrections/enhancements
- Design of specialized data structures for the purposes of data consumption by a public facing website and/or business intelligence data visualization
- Data modeling and corporate-level data management experience preferred
- Create and maintain document to support developed applications
Required Technical Skills:
Strong Oracle Database or SQLServer Development skills
Knowledge of InterSystems Cache’ is a plus
Builds and maintains complex PL/SQL, T-SQL Scripts, Unix Shell Scripts, Stored Procedures, Triggers, etc.
Performance tune of large clinical databases, employing various techniques such as schema bound views, database partitioning, and ETL/Query optimization.
Extensive knowledge of data architectures related to large database implementations geared towards OLTP